Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wifi upload speed, ping value are strange

godseesad
Tutor

wifi upload speed, ping value are strange

I use R8000 before, the download speed and upload speed is normal 150Mb/150Mb(down/up) ping time under 5ms, but i change to orbi, i use my new ipad, iphone 6s and iphone 6 plus to test the speed, the download speed is 150Mb, but the upload speed sometime is 150, after 2 second, i test again, it is 20, 25 or sometime it become 150 again...... and i also notice that the ping time is 5ms, 45ms, 54ms, different in every test.......... but i use my computer via the lan port to test it, it is always  150/150, ping time under 5ms,  i use facetime smoothly before but now i even can not use the facetime to talk to my friend, i think it is the bug of the wifi , any idea ?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: wifi upload speed is strange

Hello godseesad

Make sure you have the latest firmware you also may want to change the wireless channels see if that improves your wireless connection.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
godseesad
Tutor

different versions of firmware, same result !

different channels, same result !

enable or disable MU-MIMO, same result !

enable or disable BEAMFORMING, same result !

factory reset n times, same result !

I spend 4XX to buy this one, very disappointed !!! Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello godseesad

Have you gone straight to the modem and ran some tests to make sure the modem if giving the correct upload?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
godseesad
Tutor

Only the IOS devices have this problem ! my laptop and desktop is normal ! 

Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

last thing you could try is back up your routers config and then factory reset the unit as the last firmware was a huge update and then test your IOS devices before loading your config back on the unit.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7