Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

will Orbi Tri-Band Business WiFi Outdoor Satellite (RBS50Y) AC3000 work with older orbi 2000

Amalfijohn
Aspirant

will Orbi Tri-Band Business WiFi Outdoor Satellite (RBS50Y) AC3000 work with older orbi 2000

I want to extend coverage outside my home and think I read somewhere that the 3000 will not work with my older NETGEAR RBS20 AC2200 SYSTEM. I am trying to extend coverage to my pool sound isolation box that holds my external power points - but presently blocks off the signal from the house. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: will Orbi Tri-Band Business WiFi Outdoor Satellite (RBS50Y) AC3000 work with older orbi 2000

@Amalfijohn wrote:

I want to extend coverage outside my home and think I read somewhere that the 3000 will not work with my older NETGEAR RBS20 AC2200 SYSTEM. I am trying to extend coverage to my pool sound isolation box that holds my external power points - but presently blocks off the signal from the house. Thank you.

Yes, the Orbi RBS50Y (outdoor) satellite integrates with all Orbi WiFi routers, including the RSR20.

The RBS50Y needs to have (a) electrical power and (b) a strong enough 5G WiFi signal to connect to one of the Orbi units inside the house.

Message 2 of 5
Amalfijohn
Aspirant

Re: will Orbi Tri-Band Business WiFi Outdoor Satellite (RBS50Y) AC3000 work with older orbi 2000

many thanks for your response

Message 3 of 5
Areba21
Aspirant

However, honestly I can not think that this is a genuine solution for our business using our RBR50 satellite, with ~half of the 40 concurrent devices designed for this Pro model, often dropping off for our iOS devices on our satellite. It most likely appears to be a coincidence when running three concurrent VPN connections. My wireless cameras and doorbell entry are also disconnected each day. In addition, iOS devices are "connected" and cannot access the Internet unless we are disabled and reconnected to wifi every day, even when Google DNS is configured.

Message 4 of 5
mereen657856
Aspirant

No i think its not possible but i will suggest you to try it may be it works for you and if you need some help then you can see some guidane on thispage and try hard for your tough task completion.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7