Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: www.####.com:80 and 401 Unauthorized error messages

SoCal2019
Aspirant

www.####.com:80 and 401 Unauthorized error messages

My Orbi doesn't allow access to several common websites, like weather.com, espn.com, and many others.  

First, I get the message 'Login to www.####.com: 80 and it asks for username and password.  Then I get a 401 Unauthorized message.

This is my second Orbi unit with the same problem...

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

@SoCal2019 wrote:

Thank you VERY much!  

The ISP Modem/Router is what Spectrum provided me (without a manual): Sagemcom RAC2V1S.

Can you please tell me how to set the Orbi in AP mode?  (I do not see any buttons for that, and I don't remember being asked what mode I wanted when I set it up.)

Again, THANK YOU!

Yes, Sagemcom RAC2V1S is a router and I think this is exactly what is causing your issues.

You can set Orbi in AP Mode by logging in to the web GUI from any computer by browsing to orbilogin.com, login using your admin password, then follow the following links to set Orbi to AP Mode and then click on Apply:

Namnlöst.png

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

You seem to have double NAT in your network that causes this issue.
If your Orbi is set in Router Mode then you should make sure the ISP modem/router is not also acting as a router.
What is the model of the ISP modem/router you’re using and do you have the manual for it to see if it can be set in bridged, pass through or DMZ modes?
If you can’t change in the ISP router then you need to keep it as your main router and instead set Orbi in AP Mode.
Message 2 of 7
SoCal2019
Aspirant

Thank you VERY much!  

The ISP Modem/Router is what Spectrum provided me (without a manual): Sagemcom RAC2V1S.

Can you please tell me how to set the Orbi in AP mode?  (I do not see any buttons for that, and I don't remember being asked what mode I wanted when I set it up.)

Again, THANK YOU!

Message 3 of 7
ekhalil
Master

@SoCal2019 wrote:

Thank you VERY much!  

Again, THANK YOU!

Yes, Sagemcom RAC2V1S is a router and I think this is exactly what is causing your issues.

You can set Orbi in AP Mode by logging in to the web GUI from any computer by browsing to orbilogin.com, login using your admin password, then follow the following links to set Orbi to AP Mode and then click on Apply:

Namnlöst.png

Message 4 of 7
SoCal2019
Aspirant

THAT'S IT - THANK YOU!!!

Message 5 of 7
ekhalil
Master

You welcome. Glad that this helped! 🙂

Message 6 of 7
randomousity
Luminary

If you actually want to use the Orbi's features (other than mesh wifi), you can also put your modem/router into bridge mode, and then change the Orbi to router mode. Basically, as long as you only have one router routing, and the other in bridge mode (Orbi calls this AP mode), you can use whichever one has more/better features, you like better, etc., and have the other one be transparent (which is what bridge/AP mode does) and not causing any interference.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7