Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Drain on Arlo Camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dbenn
Follower
Follower

I have 4 cameras, so record 20 -30 videos a day and some record none.  All 4 Cameras will drain the batteries in about 2 weeks.  These cameras have been in the same location for 3 years as has the base station.  The last time they drained I was out of town and one of the cameras had 0 recordings for that period.  This has happened the last 3 times that I have put batteries in the cameras.  4 cameras x 4 batteries, I am using 16 cr123a batteries every two weeks!  Curiously this starting happening around the time I switched from the paid subscription to the 7 day free plan, although it could be a coincideance.  Help please I cannot buy 16 batteries every 2 weeks.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Some folks have this issue and I know of no solution for this other than to purchase rechargeable batteries (Tenergy has a system approved by Netgear). I have original wireless as well as Pro and Pro 2 cameras and have no such problems but that doesn't help you. A brute force approach could be to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. No idea if this will help but it's better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Russell72
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera is the problem. I have a DC power supply connected to the camera and it will show battery drain

when the voltage is correct. I turn the supply off and back on and the power is back at 100%. You might try

opening the battery cover to disconnect power and close it back to see if battery charge is back.