× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ACLs are not blocking as expected

vguna
Guide

ACLs are not blocking as expected

I'm trying to get an ACL setup on my switch (no VLAN) to block traffic to a certain host, but allow 3 dedicated hosts to access it.

So I created an extended IPv4 ACL rule that blocks all ipv4 traffic to the given host and applied this ACL to all ports, except the ones, that should still allow access. Port 18 is the to-be-blocked host (KNX/IP gateway, 192.168.114.2), On port 22 is my router, 28 is a raspberry with Openhab, 30 is my Notebook. Those should have access. In additional there is e.g. a rasperry with Pi-Hole on port 48 which should not be allowed to access the host.

The issue is now, that although only those whitelisted ports should have access, the Pi-Hole can still access that host. That includes e.g. ping as well as HTTP traffic. Another host on my network like a NAS and another one don't have access as expected by the rule. Now I'm wondering why this is the case. Anyone has a clue or an idea to debug this?

1_ipacl.jpg

2_ipextendedrules.jpg

3_ipextendedrulesdetails.jpg

4_ipbinding.jpg

Model: GS752TPv2|48-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (380W)
Message 1 of 4
vguna
Guide

Anyone?
Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@vguna,

I inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support and they strongly advised that you open a support ticket here at anytime for further investigation.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
vguna
Guide

Hey DaneA,

thanks for looking into this. Yes, I meanwhile created a ticket (#45446388, Mike) and we already did some tests - but still no solution. Will be escalated now to Level 3 support.

Cheers

Veit

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements