× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding a new GS724T switch via SFP Fibre connection

sos100
Aspirant

Adding a new GS724T switch via SFP Fibre connection

Hi - 

This is one of those "double checking I have this correct" queries. I have reviewed the other answers on the topic I can find in here, which have been helpful. 

We have a single Netgear ProSafe Smart Switch GS724Tv4 (24 ports). We're out of ports, and now need to expand. My plan is to buy another one, and connect them using the SFP LC GBIC Fibre connection (so, buy two transceivers, one for each switch) and a suitable fibre cable to connect the two in the rack. 

My question is : is that correct? Any issues, guidance or other gotchas that we should be aware of as we plan this?

Thanks, Sean

Model: GS724Tv4|ProSafe 24 ports Gigabit Smart switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Adding a new GS724T switch via SFP Fibre connection

Hi sos100,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

What you are planning to do is correct.  Both the AGM731F and the AGM732F are the modules that are compatible with the GS724Tv4.  Refer to the table below: 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi sos100,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

What you are planning to do is correct.  Both the AGM731F and the AGM732F are the modules that are compatible with the GS724Tv4.  Refer to the table below: 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello sos100, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 4
sos100
Aspirant

Thanks - have done that now! Cheers, Sean

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation