× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can GS108E, WN203, and FVS318N support a VLAN 0?

DonD
Guide

Can GS108E, WN203, and FVS318N support a VLAN 0?

I configured a Netgear FVS318N router, Netgear WN203 access point, and Netgear GS108E switch, all VLAN aware, to support two VLANS, VLAN 1 and VLAN 2.  When I got to church to install the equipment all went well until I realized they have an airconditioning software controlled system on subnet 0.  So, I had to put the old router back into service, as it  is on subnet 0.  I plan to get with the company that supports the software that serves that equipment to see if they can change the subnet to 1.  But, I was just wondering if anyone here knows if there is a way to setup the router, access point, and switch to support subnet 0?

Thanks for any help!

DonD

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can GS108E, WN203, and FVS318N support a VLAN 0?

Hi DonD,

Have you tried to change the IP settings on your FVS318N to use subnet zero?  If yes,  is there an error message that appears?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DonD,

Have you tried to change the IP settings on your FVS318N to use subnet zero?  If yes,  is there an error message that appears?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DonD
Guide

Hi DaneA,

Following on your suggestion, I changed the IP address of the router for the Default VLAN to subnet "0" and found it worked.  Now, any use of VLAN 1 results in a subnet of "0".  So, I'll setup "FUMC_Staff" to run on subnet "0" (VLAN ID 1), and "FUMC_Guest" to run on subnet "1" (VLAN ID 2).  Guess my problem was I was thinking "VLAN ID" corresponded directly to the subnet.  Thanks again for your help, DaneA!

Regards,

Don

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DonD,

You're welcome again! 🙂  I am happy to know that its working. 🙂

Don't hesitate to post your future concerns here in the community.

Cheers,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements