× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I connect a GS752TXS switch to a Dell S4128F switch with a 10Gb SFP+ cable?

mwsealbeach
Follower

Can I connect a GS752TXS switch to a Dell S4128F switch with a 10Gb SFP+ cable?

I have several GS752TXS(SW 5.2.0.26) switches and they are working great. My new Nutanix cluster is running on 2 Dell S4128F switches (these are all 10Gb SFP+ ports, no RJ45 connections). Before I start assuming anything, has anybody connected any Netgear 10Gb SFP+ port to a Dell 10Gb SFP+ port on any switch? Do I need to be concerned if these switches are going to be able to understand each other? (With RJ45 I was not worried, but the Dell installers are asking about compatibility and whether we know if these cables are going to work.)

Thanks,

Model: GS752TXS|Netgear 48 ports stackable smart switch with 10G
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Can I connect a GS752TXS switch to a Dell S4128F switch with a 10Gb SFP+ cable?

Hi @mwsealbeach

Thank you for your message. That should be no problem, assuming you are using the other switch vendor DAC cables, we should accomodate them just fine. If not, we'll want to test with NETGEAR DAC cables instead. But I don't expect any issue here.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Can I connect a GS752TXS switch to a Dell S4128F switch with a 10Gb SFP+ cable?

Hi @mwsealbeach

Thank you for your message. That should be no problem, assuming you are using the other switch vendor DAC cables, we should accomodate them just fine. If not, we'll want to test with NETGEAR DAC cables instead. But I don't expect any issue here.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements