× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't log into GS724TPV2 browser interface after Insight subscription lapsed

el_pedro
Aspirant

Can't log into GS724TPV2 browser interface after Insight subscription lapsed

My trial Insight subscription has lapsed and now I can't log into the browser portal of my GS724TPV2  switch because I do not know the password. Neither 'password' nor '1234' work. I vaguely recall that Insight overrides the web interface credentials when you first connect the product to insight. How can I regain access to the switch management without factory resetting or subscribing to Insight?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't log into GS724TPV2 browser interface after Insight subscription lapsed

@el_pedro

Welcome to the Community!

Once you add a device to a network location through the NETGEAR Insight app or portal, you will have to use the admin password for that Insight network location even when logging in to the local GUI.

Have you tried using that password set on Insight? You should be able to manage the switch thru the local GUI even without Insight.

HTH

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't log into GS724TPV2 browser interface after Insight subscription lapsed

@el_pedro

Welcome to the Community!

Once you add a device to a network location through the NETGEAR Insight app or portal, you will have to use the admin password for that Insight network location even when logging in to the local GUI.

Have you tried using that password set on Insight? You should be able to manage the switch thru the local GUI even without Insight.

HTH

Message 2 of 3
el_pedro
Aspirant

Thanks @Marc_V . Yes, I managed to log in eventually using the Insight password in the local web GUI. It kept saying that the login was incorrect. But I rebooted the switch, and tried again and it worked.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements