× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't login to ProSafe after firmware update 2.6.0.48

Becketo
Follower

Can't login to ProSafe after firmware update 2.6.0.48

Hello Tech,

1. I received an email to update my switch firmware.

2. I installed the firmware 2.6.0.48 with no problem. I did not record the previous firmware number.

3. I opened my ProSafe Plus Utility with no problem, but could not log in "Command is not supported by agent."

4. I can login over the Internet. (Google Chrome)

5. I changed "web only" to "Web and ProSafe."

6. I still could not login to ProSafe Utility.

7. I saved the configuration, and did a factory reset.

8. I changed the default password.  

9. I still could not log in "Command is not supported by agent."

10. I restored the saved configuration, but no luck.

11. There is another post on this firmware, but it is not in English.

OS: Windows 10 Pro v20H2  ProSafe worked fine with previous firmware.

Thanks in advance for your help.  Happy New Year 2021.

Model: GS116Ev2|ProSafe Plus 16 ports gigabits switch
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Becketo,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

What is the current version of the ProSAFE Plus Utility you are using?  If you are not using the latest version which is ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility v2.7.8, you can download it here then install it to your PC/laptop.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
spuch
Guide

@Becketo 

In the German forum the same problem is discussed. The 8-Port GS108Ev3 and the 16-Port GS116Ev2 are facing this problem. While local access to the Webgui from the same network seems to work at least mostly the access via VPN fails. So far there seems to be a problem with the MTU. If set to 1500 it is working and if smaller e.g. via VPN over the Internet the Webui is not reachable.

Possible work arounds: For GS108Ev3 a downgrade using the Prosafe Plus-Configurationutility 2.7.8 to firmware V2.06.10 and for GS116Ev2 to firmware V2.6.0.43

Unfortunately if a switch is not reachable with the Utility a downgrde is not possible. I'm facing this problem, too for one of my GS116Ev2. While i succeeded in downgrading my two GS108Ev3 to the preformer firmware version I'm not able to do the same for my GS116Ev3 on firmware V2.6.0.48. The switch is not even listed in the Utility. Obviously the last set fo updates provided from Netgear are not a big deal...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements