× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Compatibility and Warranty of XS712T-200NES

Xiaolex
Aspirant

Compatibility and Warranty of XS712T-200NES

Hi all,

I would like to purchase a XS712T-200NES from amazon uk. Is the XS712T-200NES same as the XS712Tv2?

As I am from Malaysia, may I know how do I claim the limited life time warranty? And what if the unit arrive DOA?

Secondly, I would also wish to purchase two of these ”Netgear AXM765-10000S 10GBASE-T SFP+ Transceiver” to go with the XS712T-200NES switch. Could any kind soul confirm That these transceiver is compatible with the XS712T?

Sorry for so many questions. 

Thanks in advance. 😉

Model: XS712T|ProSAFE 12-port Smart Switch with 10G fiber|EOL
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Xiaolex,

I had read the links given. But there didn’t state that how do I rma the unit if it became faulty.

Do I need to ship back to Netgear uk where I brought it? Or can I bring it in to my locate netgear distributor?

If ever the XS712Tv2 switch became faulty and its already past the 30-day replacement period of the seller, you may open a chat or online support ticket with NETGEAR Support at anytime.  The NETGEAR Support expert assigned on your support ticket will do a hardware check to verify if the switch is really faulty.  Then, if ever all of the troubleshooting steps are already exhausted and the switch has been declared faulty, a pdf or doc copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice should submitted for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, an RMA number will be provided to you.  Be reminded that you have a one-time free Advanced Next Business Day RMA option and this must be used.  Then, this will be the procedure:

1. Since you purchase the XS712Tv2 switch from amazon.uk, you need to have a friend or relative or someone you know that is based in UK to help you with the RMA procedure.  Let say you have a relative based in UK.  Be sure to know the exact address of your relative that is based in UK.  Be reminded that a P.O. box address is NOT allowed. 

2. By the time that the RMA number has been issued to you, the exact address of your UK-based relative should be provided as the shipping address.  

3. Contact your UK-based relative and tell about your RMA number as well as you got a one-time free Advanced Next Business Day RMA option for the XS712Tv2 switch.  

4. Within the next business day after the RMA number has been issued, your UK-based relative will be able to receive the replacement XS712Tv2 switch.  A shipping label will be provided to return the faulty XS712Tv2 switch to the NETGEAR Return Address in UK. 

5. Within 10 business days, the faulty XS712Tv2 switch should be sent to the NETGEAR Return Address in UK using the shipping label provided.

6. You will need to ship the faulty XS712Tv2 switch from Malaysia to your UK-based relative.  Be reminded that you will be the one to pay for the shipping of the faulty XS712Tv2 switch from Malaysia to your relative that is based in UK.

7. Once the faulty XS712Tv2 switch has been received by your UK-based relative, he or she will be the one to send it to the NETGEAR Return Address in UK using the shipping label provided.  Again, it should be sent within 10 business days by the time the replacement XS712Tv2 switch has been received by your UK-based relative.

8. Lastly, your UK-based relative will be the one to send you the replacement XS712Tv2 switch from UK to Malaysia.  Be reminded that your relative (or you) will be the one to pay for the shipping of the replacement XS712Tv2 switch from UK to your address in Malaysia.

Lastly is Amazon Uk a authorized reseller?

Amazon is one of the authorized resellers of NETGEAR.  As reference, kindly check this link.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Xiaolex,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I would like to purchase a XS712T-200NES from amazon uk. Is the XS712T-200NES same as the XS712Tv2?

The XS712T-200NES is the product order code for the XS712Tv2 switch in North America, Latin America and Europe.  As reference, kindly check page 11 of the XS712Tv2 Data Sheet here and read the Ordering Information section.

As I am from Malaysia, may I know how do I claim the limited life time warranty?

Kindly access and read the article below:

Industry-Best Warranty Terms by NETGEAR

Frequently Asked Questions about the ProSAFE® Limited Lifetime Warranty

And what if the unit arrive DOA?

I suggest you to contact your seller right away and ask for immediate replacement since the DOA unit is within the 30-day replacement period of the seller.  

Secondly, I would also wish to purchase two of these ”Netgear AXM765-10000S 10GBASE-T SFP+ Transceiver” to go with the XS712T-200NES switch. Could any kind soul confirm That these transceiver is compatible with the XS712T?

The AXM765 is compatible with the XS712Tv2 switch.  Kindly check page 11 of the XS712Tv2 Data Sheet here and read the Optional Modules and Accessories section.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Xiaolex
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

Thank you!

I had read the links given. But there didn’t state that how do I rma the unit if it became faulty.

Do I need to ship back to Netgear uk where I brought it? Or can I bring it in to my locate netgear distributor?

Thanks..

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Xiaolex,

If ever the XS712Tv2 switch became faulty and its already past the 30-day replacement period of the seller, you may open a chat or online support ticket with NETGEAR Support at anytime.  The NETGEAR Support expert assigned on your support ticket will do a hardware check to verify if the switch is really faulty.  Then, if ever all of the troubleshooting steps are already exhausted and the switch has been declared faulty, a pdf or doc copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice should submitted for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, an RMA number will be provided to you.  Be reminded that you have a one-time free Advanced Next Business Day RMA option and this must be used.  Then, this will be the procedure:

1. Since you purchase the XS712Tv2 switch from amazon.uk, you need to have a friend or relative or someone you know that is based in UK to help you with the RMA procedure.  Let say you have a relative based in UK.  Be sure to know the exact address of your relative that is based in UK.  Be reminded that a P.O. box address is NOT allowed. 

2. By the time that the RMA number has been issued to you, the exact address of your UK-based relative should be provided as the shipping address.  

3. Contact your UK-based relative and tell about your RMA number as well as you got a one-time free Advanced Next Business Day RMA option for the XS712Tv2 switch.  

4. Within the next business day after the RMA number has been issued, your UK-based relative will be able to receive the replacement XS712Tv2 switch.  A shipping label will be provided to return the faulty XS712Tv2 switch to the NETGEAR Return Address in UK. 

5. Within 10 business days, the faulty XS712Tv2 switch should be sent to the NETGEAR Return Address in UK using the shipping label provided.

6. You will need to ship the faulty XS712Tv2 switch from Malaysia to your UK-based relative.  Be reminded that you will be the one to pay for the shipping of the faulty XS712Tv2 switch from Malaysia to your relative that is based in UK.

7. Once the faulty XS712Tv2 switch has been received by your UK-based relative, he or she will be the one to send it to the NETGEAR Return Address in UK using the shipping label provided.  Again, it should be sent within 10 business days by the time the replacement XS712Tv2 switch has been received by your UK-based relative.

8. Lastly, your UK-based relative will be the one to send you the replacement XS712Tv2 switch from UK to Malaysia.  Be reminded that your relative (or you) will be the one to pay for the shipping of the replacement XS712Tv2 switch from UK to your address in Malaysia.

Amazon is one of the authorized resellers of NETGEAR.  As reference, kindly check this link.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
Xiaolex
Aspirant

Dear DaneA,

What if I do not have any relative or friends stay in UK? What are the other solutions?

Thanks a lot.
Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Xiaolex,

If ever you have a friend or relative that is based near UK such as the following countries listed below will help and the same procedure will apply as I have stated in my recent response:

Austria

Ireland

Luxembourg

Netherlands

Denmark

Sweden

Spain

Switzerland

Czech Republic

Bulgaria

Romania

Hungary

But if still you do not have a friend or relative or someone you know that is based in the countries mentioned above, then I'm afraid there are no other options. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements