× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configure BPDU Guard on GS752TPv2?

john25
Follower

Configure BPDU Guard on GS752TPv2?

I am attempting to set up RSTP on a GS752TPv2 switch. Something that is confusing me is BPDU Guard. It appears that it is always enabled for every port. My understanding was that you should only enable BPDU Guard for ports that are connected to end user devices. I can't actually find a way to turn in on or off.

I'm doing some test by creating a network loop. In the logs I can see that STP puts the port in a blocking state, and then BPDU Guard then puts the port in d-disabled state.

Can anyone explain what the expected behavior should be?

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Configure BPDU Guard on GS752TPv2?

So do not enable Forward BPDU while STP Disabled, simple. This specifies whether spanning tree BPDUs are forwarded or not while spanning tree is disabled on the switch. This isn't a Managed Switch model. Strictly stick with the supplied documentation on the

24-Port and 48-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Switches with 4 SFP Ports User Manual

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/GS728TPv2/GS728TPv2_GS728TPPv2_GS752TPv2_GS752TPP_UM_EN.... p.194/195

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements