× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connect GS728TPP SFP to GS752TX SFP+

jebusfreek666
Aspirant

Connect GS728TPP SFP to GS752TX SFP+

As the subject says, I am looking to connect these 2 switches via their SFP and SFP+ ports for uplink. I would like to run 2 cables between them, very short distance, about 6 inches. I realize this would only be at the 1G speed if it is possible. But I would like to retain all 24 ports on the POE switch. If this is possible, what cable should I be purchasing?

Thanks!

Model: GS728TPPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (380W), GS752TXS|Netgear 48 ports stackable smart switch with 10G
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Connect GS728TPP SFP to GS752TX SFP+

@jebusfreek666,

So I need one of each of these modules to make these 2 switches connect? What cable would I use between them

You will only need either the AGM731F or AGM732F.  You can use any 1Gbps Direct Attach Cable.  

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jebusfreek666,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The SFP modules that are compatible to both GS728TPP and GS752TX are the AGM731F and AGM732F.  Kindly refer below: 

AGM731F_AGM732F.jpg

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
jebusfreek666
Aspirant

So I need one of each of these modules to make these 2 switches connect? What cable would I use between them?

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jebusfreek666,

So I need one of each of these modules to make these 2 switches connect? What cable would I use between them

You will only need either the AGM731F or AGM732F.  You can use any 1Gbps Direct Attach Cable.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements