× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connect my GS752TPv2 via SFP to a cisco switch. Trunk\extend network

HeckRasier
Follower

Connect my GS752TPv2 via SFP to a cisco switch. Trunk\extend network

Could use some help. I have a GS752TPv2 that I'm trying to connect to a CISCO switch via SFP/Fiber. I can use CLI all day but this interface is killing me. Does anyone have detailed instructions of video on how to connect a net gear to a cisco switch? 

Cisco switch config is 

switchport

switchport mode truck

switchport trunk allowed vlan 110. 

I added vlan 110 to the netgear and made port 51 (T) and assigned the PVID to 110. I'm using a generic 1000baset SFP in the neat gear and a 40g QSFP on the cisco which is connect via fiber. 

Just trying to extend our network to this switch so we can use its PoE feathures for some camras. Thank you. 

Model: GS752TPv2|48-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (380W)
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Connect my GS752TPv2 via SFP to a cisco switch. Trunk\extend network

@HeckRasier wrote:

I added vlan 110 to the netgear and made port 51 (T)

This makes sense: On a trunk, most VLANs (except of a dedicated one) does run tagged.

@HeckRasier wrote:

and assigned the PVID to 110. 

The PVID defines the VLAN untagged frames on this port (or LAG) are sent to. Is this what you want? Probably not.

@HeckRasier wrote:

I'm using a generic 1000baset SFP in the neat gear and a 40g QSFP on the cisco which is connect via fiber. 

QSFP would be using four (thus Quad) fiber pairs, 10 Gb each (the designation is unlucky, it should be QSFP+) .... how shall this ever work with an SFP pair operating on 1 Gb/s? Answer: Probably never, because fiber does not know anything like link speed negotiation. My guess your problem starts at this point: There is no 1G fiber link established at all. The Cisco single QSFP pair does 10G, the Netgear SFP does 1G.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements