× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D disble causes

brillmtb
Aspirant

D disble causes

I have a XS715T.  it is connect to the ATT gateway.  Ihave some computers hard wired to the switch and a wireless router located inside the house for wifi for iphones and a couple hard wire connections to TV, etc.  All of a sudden the wifi aspect stopped working while hard wire to switch fine.  ATT got involved but then said they couldnt access the gateway remotely and replaced it.  It didnt make a difference and still not sure how the gateway would have been the issue.

I have since upgraded my router and it will work for a while then drop and the line goes into D Disable.

Given this what should I do to figure out why?  I am no expert by the way.  I realize there is a log I can look at and it may give me more info.  I took down my lag from the first router as the new ASUS has a single 10g port so that was all I needed.

My limited understanding is that a loop can cause this but why all of a sudden with no change in set up until this started happening and changes made above.  I also read that a DoS issue can cause this.  Would this perhaps be like a neighbor trying to hack in or something.  We have not changed the phones in the house and ipads we have been using.

Thanks for advice in advance and I will pull the log if I can find and post here as it just went down again this am.  When your kid is working from home for school and it goes down you hear about it 🙂

Message 1 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D disble causes

@brillmtb,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

May I know how everything is connected? Your router should be the one connected directly to the modem and the switch is just an additional port for your router. 

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
brillmtb
Aspirant

So I have the ONT to the ATT Gateway.  From there to the Switch.  The Switch has Cat6e to several areas in the house, computers, TV then the Router.  It was working all along then started getting error messages and then line to wireless router upstairs in my house disabled.

Not sure why working for a year then it starts doing this.  ATT replaced the Gateway, I replaced the router, now I think we know it wasnt either.

I wanted to have the fastest connection between the wireless router upstairs since I hook the TV, PS4 and cell phones, ipads to it so I was using the 10g port to hook to the switch which is 10G.  I realize with the house being fed with "only" 1G that the ATT feed to the house isnt going to improve but I thought it nice to have everything else hooked to the fasted port I could, its nice to see everything on the switch and two of my computers have 10G cards in them, I have a NAS but not 10G it is set up as a LAG with two 1G.  In the future I see myself getting a 10G NAS as I enjoy photos and editing and the faster the better.

So I moved the wireless router to hook from the upstairs still but took one of my two 6e lines and hooked directly to the gateway and no dropping of the wireless or hardwire connected to the wireless router yet.

So it kind of appears that the switch was the issue, it wasnt port specific as I moved to a different port and it did the same thing.  

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@brillmtb,

Thank you for that information. I suggest you open a ticket on NETGEAR support and please let them know your issue. If the device is still under warranty, an online replacement will be provided. You may also include this community thread.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements