× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DHCP and VLans on S3300

SteveAlfstad
Aspirant

DHCP and VLans on S3300

I'm setting up a new voice VLan across our network, I have a M4300 acting as my core switch doing the routing and S3300 in the network closets. I've setup the new vlan (50) and  Auto-VoIP vlan ID as vlan 50 on the core M4300 I've also setup a dhcp helper pointed to my windows DHCP server and setup a new scope for the vlan. Under Auto-VoIP port settings i enable a port and under VLan- Advanced-Voice Vlan config i set admin mode to enable and set the same port to interface mode VLan ID and set the Value to 50. If i plug a phone into the enable port it get a IP from the new DHCP scope and works as expected. Now i'm tring to get it to work on one of my network closet switchs wihich are S3300, i setup the switch the smae way (auto-ip, vlan, voice-vlan ect..) and setup vlan 50 on the uplind as tagged on both the corre and closet switch but i don't get any IP. If i plug the phone into a port not enable, still setup as default vlan 1, i do get an IP from for that vlan. Do i need to setup a dhcp relay on the S3300 to pass the new VLan?

Model: S3300-52X (GS752TX)|ProSafe 48 ports stackable smart switches
Message 1 of 2
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: DHCP and VLans on S3300

@SteveAlfstad,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you are having issues with your S3300 switch. May I know if you were also able to assign the PVID? What is the VLAN ID for your data? You may need to assign the correct PVID in order for it to have a connection with your DHCP. It would be best if you can share a screenshot of your configuration.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements