× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DHCP not working on new VLan's

SteveAlfstad
Aspirant

DHCP not working on new VLan's

I'm having trouble getting DHCP to work on new VLans on my S3300 distribution switches. My current setup is Palo Alto cloud firewall - M4300 core switch used for routing and S3300 switch used in network closets as distribution switches. I've setup the new Vlan on both the core and distribution switchs, the vlan on the core have an IP for the subnet setup for the new VLan and has an IP helper address setup pointed to my windows DHCP server. The uplink ports on both the core and distribution are tagged for all VLan's. If I setup a port on the corre switch with the new VLan as PVID and UnTagged I get an IP from the DHCP server with the correct range but if i setup a port on the distribution switch the same it won't get an IP, if i set the IP statically i can get on the network and ping both VLans so the routing is working and the VLan should be setup correct just can't get an IP. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: DHCP not working on new VLan's

@SteveAlfstad,

It would be best if we will just answer all the queries on one thread.

Thank you!

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: DHCP not working on new VLan's

@SteveAlfstad,

It would be best if we will just answer all the queries on one thread.

Thank you!

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements