× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DHCP snooping setup question

tantony
Luminary

DHCP snooping setup question

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-and-Smart-Pro-Managed/DHCP-snooping-S3300-switches/m-p/2...

I setup the DHCP snooping, but I'm stuck on the Binding configuration.  Do I have to comple this?  If I understand correctly, this is a database of all untrusted DHCP requests?  Is this all I need to setup DHCP snooping?  If yes, I'm not sure which interface to select.  I'm assuming xg1 since that's the uplink port?  

This is what I did so far:

1. Enabled DHCP Snooping Mode
  2. I only want this switch to give DHCP for VLAN 10, so I put VLAN 10 under VLAN ID, and Enable
  3. The uplink is xg1, so I made that port trusted, and the rest untrusted
  4. What about the Binding and Persistent configuration tabs?  To I have to complete those?
  5. I know DAI (Dynamic ARP Inspection works with the DHCP Snooping, so is it a good idea to enable DAI also?
  6. Last question, what about the swtiches that have DHCP Snooping feature, but not the DAI?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-and-Smart-Pro-Managed/DHCP-snooping-S3300-switches/m-p/2...

switch.png

Model: GS724TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
tantony
Luminary

I figured it out Smiley Happy

Newbie simple mistake, I forgot to add the new VLAN as trunk member Smiley Frustrated

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi tantony,

I hope you find this article helpful in order for you to properly configure your DHCP snooping on your Smart Switch.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
tantony
Luminary

I enabled DHCP snooping on the VLANs and uplink interfaces, and everything was working.  I plugged in a new device today to a switch and that device is not getting dhcp.  The port the device is connected to is untrusted.  I also cleared the dhcp snooping table.  Any ideas why the new device is not getting dhcp?

The device is connected to an ip phone.  The phone gets the right VLAN dhcp, and it works, but not the pc connected to the back of the phone.  I double checked everything and it looks correct.

Message 3 of 6
tantony
Luminary

I also tried adding the device under the static binding configuration, but I still can't ping the new device

Message 4 of 6
tantony
Luminary

Another thing I'm worried about is that, most of the people are working remote now.  But what happens when they return, and they don't get dhcp?

Message 5 of 6
tantony
Luminary

I figured it out Smiley Happy

Newbie simple mistake, I forgot to add the new VLAN as trunk member Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements