× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FAN in XS728T how it works?where can i set the speed?

cabbage2000
Follower

FAN in XS728T how it works?where can i set the speed?

Hi 

My switch fan was so loudly when it working.  In this community someone said  Noctua NF-A4x20 PWM was perfect for XS708T

i  try them on XS728T found some problems

1.original fan was 3 pin NOT 4 pin PWM , does it change speed by DC Volt?

2. Noctua fan starting Volt was more higher then original fan(7V or higher? I havent test it), i wanna know how to set the fan work on full speed ensure Noctua can work full time.

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: FAN in XS728T how it works?where can i set the speed?

Fans are specified and designed to match the platform hardware and control requirements. Key factors are the rpm and the airflow - these are the little details defining the noise. Very often, the fans in this switch class are spec'ed to run in the max 8000...15000 (or even higher) RPMs so the appropriate cooling can be made available under all operation conditions. Undoubtable well audible, especially if the temperatures in the switch (air, core, ...) are going up.

Understand that 10G is a "hot" technology which must be taken care accordingly.

Always check the exact fan model, compare with spec sheets. Ideally, use a direct same replacement unit. Alternate a similar spec'ed fan from another manufacturer, same details like voltage, tach signal, speed regulation, land the obvious same number of pins.

There are no "magic" silent fans. The price for these is always in much lower fan tip speed leading to insufficient cooling. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements