× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FS750T2 does not boot, all lights are green

JaapTon
Novice

FS750T2 does not boot, all lights are green

I have 2 used of these switches, both with the same problem:

When I put in the powercord all lights of the 48 ports are on (green).
Nothing happens when I connect the switch to my modem.
Is seems that nothing happens when I use the restart button and/or reset to factory settings button.
Suddenly (I don't know exactly after what I was doing) I saw a switch in the SmartWizard and only 1 port was green. It looks like the switch was working fine and I installed the latest firmware. All went fine, but after I take off the powercord and put it back again the same problem appaers. Now I can do what I want, nothing seems to help to reboot the switch.

Is there a certain reset procedure to use the reset and/or reset to factory button(s)?
Do anyone have an idea why the switch is not booting complete?

Ane other ideas are welcome, thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Re: FS750T2 does not boot, all lights are green

JaapTon wrote:

- If all 48 port LEDs stays lit up green when nothing connected to it, then it seems to be a faulty hardware.

JaapTon wrote:

- Be reminded that the switch should not be directly connected to a modem-only device. However, if its a modem-router combo then that is just fine.

JaapTon wrote:
Is seems that nothing happens when I use the restart button and/or reset to factory settings button.Suddenly (I don't know exactly after what I was doing) I saw a switch in the SmartWizard and only 1 port was green. It looks like the switch was working fine and I installed the latest firmware. All went fine, but after I take off the powercord and put it back again the same problem appaers. Now I can do what I want, nothing seems to help to reboot the switch.

Is there a certain reset procedure to use the reset and/or reset to factory button(s)?

- Try to do a power reset. Here are the steps:

a. Press the factory reset button for 30 seconds while the switch is on.
b. After 30 seconds, turn off the switch for 5 seconds but still continue to press the factory reset button.
c. After 5 seconds, turn on the switch while you continue to press the factory reset button. Wait for another 5 seconds.
d. Release the factory reset button. Check if it will boot up completely.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10

All Replies
RX
Luminary
Luminary

JaapTon wrote:

- If all 48 port LEDs stays lit up green when nothing connected to it, then it seems to be a faulty hardware.

JaapTon wrote:

- Be reminded that the switch should not be directly connected to a modem-only device. However, if its a modem-router combo then that is just fine.

JaapTon wrote:
Is seems that nothing happens when I use the restart button and/or reset to factory settings button.Suddenly (I don't know exactly after what I was doing) I saw a switch in the SmartWizard and only 1 port was green. It looks like the switch was working fine and I installed the latest firmware. All went fine, but after I take off the powercord and put it back again the same problem appaers. Now I can do what I want, nothing seems to help to reboot the switch.

- Try to do a power reset. Here are the steps:

a. Press the factory reset button for 30 seconds while the switch is on.
b. After 30 seconds, turn off the switch for 5 seconds but still continue to press the factory reset button.
c. After 5 seconds, turn on the switch while you continue to press the factory reset button. Wait for another 5 seconds.
d. Release the factory reset button. Check if it will boot up completely.
Message 2 of 10
Nhellie
Virtuoso

try performing this reset procedure:

NOTE: You will have to push and hold the factory reset button for a total of 90 seconds.

-While the unit is on, push and hold the reset button (do this for 30 seconds)
-turn off the unit, make sure that the reset button still being held down (do this for 30 seconds
-turn on the unit, (continue to hold the reset button for 30 more seconds
-release the reset button and let the switch boot normally
Message 3 of 10
JaapTon
Novice

I did the reboot as suggested. Both switches do not start again, so the conclusion is that both switches are dead.

I know that it is a risk to buy secondhand, but is it a stupid coincidence that the same problem occurs with 2 switches?

I now want to buy new switches, but I asking myself if these Pro-switches are a good idea?

Thanks for your help and ideas.
Message 4 of 10
fordem
Mentor

The ProSafe switch line has a lifetime hardware warranty, I would not hesitate to recommend them to any of my clients. http://www.netgear.com/business/documents/prosafe-lifetime-warranty/default.aspx
Message 5 of 10
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Most second hand units are probably refurbished anyway and the price difference, well, makes no sense if you can't use it on a long period.

So I agree with Fordem, take advantage of the lifetime warranty.
Message 6 of 10
fordem
Mentor

Nhellie26 wrote:
Most second hand units are probably refurbished anyway

Where did you get that idea?

The last used Netgear I bought came in the original box, the only thing that was missing was the shrinkwrap, it had never even been registered.
Message 7 of 10
Hardhat
Aspirant

You may no longer need any other input on the green lights...
I have a GS724Tv4 which after connection to router only which was already connected to cable modem, green lights galore! I thought I fried it! The 1st LAN cable (1st computer) plugged into the switch after that all the green lights went off and only the router connection and computer connection lit up green, ie 1000 MBps.

Hope you got this resolved already.
Message 8 of 10
Nhellie
Virtuoso

fordem wrote:
Where did you get that idea?

The last used Netgear I bought came in the original box, the only thing that was missing was the shrinkwrap, it had never even been registered.

I guess it depends on where you bought it from 😄
Message 9 of 10
fordem
Mentor

Bought it on ebay
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation