× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware Release

marktpalmer
Aspirant

Firmware Release

When will the updated firmware for GS108Tv2s be released?

This relates to closed Case #: 27975948

I look forward to the response.

Model: GS108Tv2|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
marktpalmer
Aspirant

Disregard.  I see now that the firmware has been released (just no one bothered to update the ticket).  https://kb.netgear.com/000037868/GS110TP-GS108Tv2-Firmware-Version-5-4-2-29?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello marktpalmer, 

Welcome to the community! 

I have reviewed the case number you have provided. It appears that you were given a beta firmware, are you looking at getting the official release? As of now, I do not see any ETA for the firmware yet. The engineering team may still be finalizing the official firmware. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 7
marktpalmer
Aspirant

Yes, I need a timeline for an official release as we are unable to deploy beta or experimental firmware into production locations.

Message 3 of 7
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi marktpalmer, 

Thank you for the clarification. I'll forward this concern to our team and see if we can get an ETA. We'll get back to you. \

Thanks,

Message 4 of 7
marktpalmer
Aspirant

Its been more than a week.  How long does it take to get this figured out???  We have a huge number of GS108s we are waiting to purchase and roll out into our production environment.  When can we expect this release to be available???

Message 5 of 7
marktpalmer
Aspirant

TAP, TAP, TAP....this thing on????  What can we expect for a release date on the updated Netgear GS108Tv2 firmware!?!??!  Its now pushed our project back 2 more weeks due to lack of response on Netgear's part.  This is unacceptable.  I plan to recommend we pull the plug from any more Netgear purchases due to Netgear's lack of response on this security issue.

Message 6 of 7
marktpalmer
Aspirant

Disregard.  I see now that the firmware has been released (just no one bothered to update the ticket).  https://kb.netgear.com/000037868/GS110TP-GS108Tv2-Firmware-Version-5-4-2-29?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements