× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GC110P: Insight keeps re-enabling port mirroring

DDT3
Aspirant

GC110P: Insight keeps re-enabling port mirroring

To analyze an issue on my network I ran Wireshark on my PC and switched on port mirroring from a port to the port that PC is connected on. After that, I switched off port mirroring again. In the past weeks, my PC did not want to connect to the internet on multiple occasions, it turned out port mirroring was switched on again. Each time I disable it in the insight app (or on the insight web page) it automagically gets switched on again a bit later (sometimes after days) Is there anything I can do here because this is getting more than annoying?

What I do find really disappointing: although this issue appears to be in the "insight app" I can't get support from Netgear, as my warranty on the router has expired .

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GC110P: Insight keeps re-enabling port mirroring

@DDT3,

Kindly check and make sure that on both the Insight Portal and Insight App, the Port Mirroring is disabled.  If you have already confirmed that Port Mirroring is already disabled on both Insight Portal and Insight App but still it enables on its own, I suggest you to open an online support ticket with the NETGEAR Support Team here at anytime.  The NETGEAR Support Team should not deny you with technical assistance since you are an existing NETGEAR Insight subscriber.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DDT3,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

What NETGEAR Insight subscription do you have?

What is the current firmware version of your GC110P?

Are you the only one who has the credentials to login to the NETGEAR Insight Portal (or Insight App) that can access the settings such as Port Mirroring?  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
DDT3
Aspirant

Hello DaneA,

Thanks for your reply!

It is an Insight Premium Subscription.

Firmware version is: 1.0.5.35

And I (assume I) am indeed the only one with access. Next tot that two-Step-Verification has been switched on for quite some time.

Cheers,

Dries

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DDT3,

Kindly check and make sure that on both the Insight Portal and Insight App, the Port Mirroring is disabled.  If you have already confirmed that Port Mirroring is already disabled on both Insight Portal and Insight App but still it enables on its own, I suggest you to open an online support ticket with the NETGEAR Support Team here at anytime.  The NETGEAR Support Team should not deny you with technical assistance since you are an existing NETGEAR Insight subscriber.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
DDT3
Aspirant

I have done a check on both the app and the web portal (and switched mirroring off on both)  used it for a while and problem has not popped up again. Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements