× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS105E: cannot factory reset, update, or log in

haef
Aspirant

GS105E: cannot factory reset, update, or log in

I have a Prosafe Plus GS105E switch.  firmware 1.02.04

It's been sitting on the shelf for a couple of months.  I got it out to use it, and I cannot access it to configure it.  The switch discovery tool sees it at the static address I gave it long ago, but when I try to log in I get a blank screen.  Nothing loads.

Needless to say, I cannot update it either.

I've tried factory resetting it, but that seems to have no effect.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

Model: GS105Ev2|ProSAFE Plus 5-port Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS105E: cannot factory reset, update, or log in

What about using the ProSafe Plus Configuration utility (permitting you have a Windows system at hand) for discovery, then for access/factory reset/firmware update?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

The static address assigned is on the same subnet like your computer form where you try to access it by the browser?

But them, if the factory reset (by button) does not wipe the static IP config and it's falling back go the default 192.168.0.239/24 (if the old cells are correct) there are some more issues. If you are the first owner, since the updated Prosafe warranty terms, it's registered to your MyNetgear account, you might have to claim for a warranty replacement.

Message 2 of 5
haef
Aspirant

I know what address it has.  I can see it via a variety of methods such as the NG PS tool as well as an ARP lookup.  It's right there at the address it picked up via DHCP but it will not load in any web browser I've tried.  Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari.  It looks like it is going to, but then stalls.  

I did register it, but only recently.  Unfortunately I don't have the receipt anymore which appears to be important for the lifetime warranty.

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

What about using the ProSafe Plus Configuration utility (permitting you have a Windows system at hand) for discovery, then for access/factory reset/firmware update?

Message 4 of 5
haef
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that too.  The Windows tool could see the switch but wouldn't allow resetting and so forth.

The whole thing is sort of moot now as I gave the switch to a local techie charity to play with.  There's only so much messing with a $50 switch I'm going to do.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements