× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS105E

asodjaosdja
Aspirant

GS105E

Good Evening all,

Im hoping you can help me with my GS105E. Essentially im trying to setup port mirroring, however I dont have the relevant options displayed to me. Ive  watched over videosand tutorials and I dont have the options that others do. See me attatched  image.

I believe the option to enable htis should be under 'System', however its greyed out and I cannot click on it. 

Does anyone have any guidance please?

Regards,

Chris

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
asodjaosdja
Aspirant

Re: GS105E

Resolved: Downloaded Version 2.2.9 - Suggest Netgear take a look at the latest version they have for download.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello asodjaosdja, 

Welcome to the community! 

I am unable to view the attached image, if you can send it to me by PM it would be great. Please make sure that you are using the latest utility v2.3.5 and select the switch that you are trying to configure. Follow these steps below to enable port mirroring: 

1. Select Systems > Monitoring > Mirroring.
The Mirroring screen displays.
2. Enable Mirroring.
3. In the Source drop-down list, select the source port or ports.
4. In the Destination Port drop-down list, select the port.
5. Click Apply.
Data on the source port is routed to the destination port.

I hope this information provided helps. If you have more questions, the community is happy to help. 

Thanks,
Message 2 of 9
asodjaosdja
Aspirant

PM sent 

Message 3 of 9
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi asodjaosdja, 

I receieved the PM and also able to view the image properly now. It appears that the switch is not selected, make sure that the radio button is clicked. Did you follow my advice on making sure that the utility is update to v2.3.5? 

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 9
asodjaosdja
Aspirant

JohnRo,

Many thanks for your quick response. Sorry I should have added, I try and click the radio button but it doesnt register, in other words I am not able to select the switch.

As for the version of ProSafe Plus Config Utility I am using 2.3.5 

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

chris

Message 5 of 9
asodjaosdja
Aspirant

As a further step I have installed the software onto another machine and am expiriencing the same issue

Message 6 of 9
asodjaosdja
Aspirant

Resolved: Downloaded Version 2.2.9 - Suggest Netgear take a look at the latest version they have for download.

Message 7 of 9
asodjaosdja
Aspirant

Spoke too early...

I can select the device, but after I enter the password it just tells me 'The switch and manager IP address are not in the same subnet!', but doesnt give me the option to change the IP on the switch.

This was my first ever Netgear purchase and quite possibly the last

Message 8 of 9
asodjaosdja
Aspirant

Downloaded/uninstalled all manor of versions and I get either the error above, or 'incorrect password'. It is not the wrong password as it is still default and I've had various people try. I change the machine to be on the correct subnet and it still gives me that error.

Repackaged and awaiting courier to return it for a refund. Wont be purchasing Netgear for the replacement

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements