× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS105Ev2 admin page works, but nothing else does

gbeddow
Luminary

GS105Ev2 admin page works, but nothing else does

The GS105Ev2 I bought 5 or 6 years ago has been working fine until recently when the (single) video camera attached to it stopped working. The latter is getting PoE, but no communication.

The admin page on the GS105Ev2 works fine, but I notice inconsistent, "Mismatch" or other weird results for everything on the Cable Tester page - and I've tried several different cables. Also the "PWR" and "1" (up/link) lights are not lit; shouldn't they be? The "PoE" light *is* lit when the camera is plugged in.

Is the unit dead? Any other troubleshooting steps?

Model: GS105Ev2|ProSafe Plus 5 ports switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
gbeddow
Luminary

Re: GS105Ev2 admin page works, but nothing else does

Thanks everyone for the respones. The web page for the GS105Ev2 does indeed work, but I discovered later that a different PoE switch was responsible for the problem. Sorry for the goose chase!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@gbeddow,

What is the current firmware version of your GS105Ev2?  If it is not yet updated, I advise you to update it to the latest version then check if the same problem will occur.  The latest GS105Ev2 firmware is v1.6.0.10.  You can download it here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@gbeddow I'm a little bit confused - the mentioned GS105Ev2 isn't a PoE switch. Do we face a GS105PE 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet PD-Powered/PoE Pass-thru Plus Switch instead here? That's the only 5-port with PoE...

Message 3 of 4
gbeddow
Luminary

Thanks everyone for the respones. The web page for the GS105Ev2 does indeed work, but I discovered later that a different PoE switch was responsible for the problem. Sorry for the goose chase!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements