× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108Ev3 Problems changing VLAN membership and port assignments

normandy214
Aspirant

GS108Ev3 Problems changing VLAN membership and port assignments

I configured my switch with 5 VLANs and then assigned the switch ports to the VLANs.  Everything is working fine.

Now I'm looking to move one of the switch ports from VLAN 10 to VLAN 20 andI cant figure out how to do that.

When I try to change it using PVID Configuration I get an erros saying Port 4 is not a member of VLAN 20.

When I try to change it via VLAN membership I get the error Cannot remove port 5 from this VLAN. Change its PVID first

I'm not seeing how to move a port from one VLAN to another VLAN.

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSafe 8 ports Gigabit Plus switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS108Ev3 Problems changing VLAN membership and port assignments

Add the port first to that other VLAN 20, e.g. as tagged to avoid unwanted traffic. Then you can change the PVID to 20, remove the membership from VLAN 10, and change the port to VLAN 20 untagged.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Add the port first to that other VLAN 20, e.g. as tagged to avoid unwanted traffic. Then you can change the PVID to 20, remove the membership from VLAN 10, and change the port to VLAN 20 untagged.

Message 2 of 4
normandy214
Aspirant

I knew I was making a simple mistake.  Thank you so much for the quick response and the solution.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@normandy214 ... it's not really a mistake. There is in my opinion to much dependency testing implemented. So we have to use the workaround as shown above.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements