× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108Ev3 firmware upgrade failed

ctrlbru
Initiate

GS108Ev3 firmware upgrade failed

I updated the firmware via web (chrome, linux) from version 9 to 12, and I've seen the progress bar for file loading go up to 100% and then become simply stuck there for over 30 minutes. Chrome was not waiting for further updates from the page, so I simply refreshed the page and hit reboot. The switch part is still working, but it won't get an ip address anymore from the dhcp, it's not reachable and of course I cannot use the web ui anymore. Is there a way to do a full reset and revert to the previous firmware? Also: I'm trying to open an RMA but after I insert serial and issue description I get a case number that is not shown anywhere anymore in my profile. How does that work???

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Plus Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS108Ev3 firmware upgrade failed

Hi ctrlbru,

Welcome to the community!

It seems that the switch stuck right after a firmware upgrade. You may try resetting it to factory default by pressing and holding the reset button for about 20 seconds. Then please download and install the Prosafe Utility on your computer and try if it can detect the switch.

Please refer to this manual for the utility.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi ctrlbru,

Welcome to the community!

It seems that the switch stuck right after a firmware upgrade. You may try resetting it to factory default by pressing and holding the reset button for about 20 seconds. Then please download and install the Prosafe Utility on your computer and try if it can detect the switch.

Please refer to this manual for the utility.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
ctrlbru
Initiate

Thanks that did it. I think chrome for linux is basically unsupported for firmware upgrade. The Prosafe Utility detected the switch on a different network. Once I moved there I was still unable to perform the upgrade from the uitility (tftp timeout), but I managed to reach the web ui again and complete the upgrade from there (chome on win10).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements