× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108LP Broken power

Badnewsbc
Aspirant

GS108LP Broken power

Hello, I am an amateur tinker and wanted to try fixing a broken power port in my GS108LP switch. The power port has 3 tabs soldered to the motherboard. However 1 of those tabs broke when the switch dropped to the ground. Does anyone know if and where I can buy a power port part to solder back onto the board?
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: GS108LP Broken power

If you're not worried about warranty, I've direct wired the power supply into a motherboard before on a broken power port. Worked fine. 

Message 2 of 4
Badnewsbc
Aspirant

I can't say I am experienced in setting that up. Is there a good guide or maybe a website I can use to buy the individual part?

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Most users here have never opened and disassembled their network devices. Even if the outside looks similar, the soldered on power ports can be different.

Start with posting some good photos of the broken part and it's location on the PCB.

Not many people (including Netgear reps) - virtually nobody - has access to the manufacturer or OEM parts list.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements