× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108PEv2: No web GUI & IP Scanner can't see. Netgear config utility OK. Is this normal?

JoeM845
Luminary

GS108PEv2: No web GUI & IP Scanner can't see. Netgear config utility OK. Is this normal?

I have two GS108PEv2 switches which are functional. The Prosafe configuration utility finds them and can make settings. I cannot find any web-based configuration server by browsing to either's IP address. "Advanced IP Scanner" does not report them as on the network.

Is this normal behavior?

Any way to use a browser to configure these?

Does the GS116E behave the same?

Thanks,

Joe M

Model: GS108Ev2|8 ports ProSafe Plus switch,GS116Ev2|ProSafe Plus 16 ports gigabits switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS108PEv2: No web GUI & IP Scanner can't see. Netgear config utility OK. Is this normal?

Hi JoeM845,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

I'm afraid to inform you that both GS108PEv2 and GS116E ProSAFE Plus switches can only be manage by using the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility.  If ever you really want a switch that can be both manage using a web-GUI and a software utility, I recommend you the GS108Tv2 or the GS110TP which are both smart switches.  

For more information about the GS108Tv2 or the GS110TP smart switches, check these links below:

GS108Tv2 Data Sheet

GS110TP Date Sheet

GS108Tv2 and GS110TP Product FAQs

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS108PEv2: No web GUI & IP Scanner can't see. Netgear config utility OK. Is this normal?

Hi JoeM845,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

I'm afraid to inform you that both GS108PEv2 and GS116E ProSAFE Plus switches can only be manage by using the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility.  If ever you really want a switch that can be both manage using a web-GUI and a software utility, I recommend you the GS108Tv2 or the GS110TP which are both smart switches.  

For more information about the GS108Tv2 or the GS110TP smart switches, check these links below:

GS108Tv2 Data Sheet

GS110TP Date Sheet

GS108Tv2 and GS110TP Product FAQs

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
JoeM845
Luminary

Thanks DaneA.

Netgear's use of "web managed" rather than "Internet managed" confused me. I have always known the web as that portion of the Internet using HTTP protocol and typically involving web servers providing pages to web clients (typicallly browsers).

Joe M

Message 3 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello JoeM845, 

We apologize for this inconvenience and I agree that it was confusing, the product pages has just been updated and the "web-managed" part has been removed. The "Plus" series switches are only managed by the utility. The "Smart managed" switches are the ones with the Web UI and utility. 

Let us know if you have more questions. 

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements