× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108Pe v3 interrupted during firmware upgrade and no longer provides access to GUI

rfcat_vk
Aspirant

GS108Pe v3 interrupted during firmware upgrade and no longer provides access to GUI

Hi folks,

I have looked at a number of threads on a similar subject and sort of received an answer.

1/. the device still works as an unmanaged switch

2/. reset to factory defaults does not work

3/. seems to be locked into an IP address that tracert, but not pings

4/. not sure when I purchased the device, so probably have to consider it partially bricked.

5/. the Netgear switch identification application cannot find the switch

Thoughts and suggestions please?

Ian

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS108Pe v3 interrupted during firmware upgrade and no longer provides access to GUI

With the device being in bootloader mode, the default 192.168.0.239/24 can be in place - so plan a computer in that same subnet.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS108Pe v3 interrupted during firmware upgrade and no longer provides access to GUI

Hope you have a Windows system at hand. Head to the GS108PEv3 Firmware and Download Pages and install and run the (old, hardcore, ...) ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility v2.7.8 - this might help to re-install the firmware again.

Message 2 of 6
rfcat_vk
Aspirant

Thank you. I will give your suggestion  try tomorrow when I have free access to the switch.

Ian

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

With the device being in bootloader mode, the default 192.168.0.239/24 can be in place - so plan a computer in that same subnet.

Message 4 of 6
rfcat_vk
Aspirant

Hi folks,

thank you for the suggestions. I had success this morning with accessing the switch, it immediately wanted to continue the firmware upgrade.

Since completing the upgrade it is much moree responsive. A little side not for others in this position, the reset to default did not work while in boot loader mode.

All is now good.

Ian

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@rfcat_vk wrote:

...I had success this morning with accessing the switch, it immediately wanted to continue the firmware upgrade.

Ian,

For the other readers, what had to be done so the update process continued? Was the switch on it's default IP 192.168.0.239/24 and reachable on this subnet, e.g using a Web browser?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements