× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS108T vs GS308E

quax08
Follower

GS108T vs GS308E

looking at the german documentation of the GS308E Switch I didn't find a description how to set management vlan.

My question: Which of the mentioned switch models has the possibility to select an explicit management plan ?

Best Regards

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

@quax08 wrote:

looking at the german documentation of the GS308E Switch I didn't find a description how to set management vlan.

Correct, it's in  any language documentation, because there isn't.

Only select "E" models built around managed switch core offer a dedicated management VLAN.

@quax08 wrote:

My question: Which of the mentioned switch models has the possibility to select an explicit management plan ?

In relation to the subject "GS108T vs GS308E" - the GS108T has, just like all other Smart Switches, indicated by the T in the model designation -> https://www.netgear.com/business/wired/switches/smart/portfolio/ 

Grüsse

-Kurt

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@quax08 wrote:

Correct, it's in  any language documentation, because there isn't.

Only select "E" models built around managed switch core offer a dedicated management VLAN.

@quax08 wrote:

In relation to the subject "GS108T vs GS308E" - the GS108T has, just like all other Smart Switches, indicated by the T in the model designation -> https://www.netgear.com/business/wired/switches/smart/portfolio/ 

Grüsse

-Kurt

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements