× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108Tv2 : Cos and Diffserv at wirespeed ?

Rootax
Luminary

GS108Tv2 : Cos and Diffserv at wirespeed ?

Hi,

I'll have soon a GS108Tv2, and I'll do some Cos marking on DHCP packets, like this exemple : http://flyovercountry.org/2014/02/google-fiber-gigabit-speeds-your-router-part-2-qos/

I guess there is some asic which does the packet manipulation in hardware, so there is no slow down, and the traffic is still processed at 1gbs. Am I wrong ?

2nd question, what is the chipset used in this switch ?

Thx 🙂

Model: GS108Tv2|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit smart switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS108Tv2 : Cos and Diffserv at wirespeed ?

Hello Rootax, 

Speed changes on the switch will depend on the QOS/COS configuration. The switch should still process the traffic at 1G even with the configuration shown on the example. For the chipset, it is using Broadcom. 

Hope it helps! 

Thanks, 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Rootax, 

Speed changes on the switch will depend on the QOS/COS configuration. The switch should still process the traffic at 1G even with the configuration shown on the example. For the chipset, it is using Broadcom. 

Hope it helps! 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 5
Rootax
Luminary

Hi

Thx, I own the switch now, and even with Diffserv configuration, it's working great at full speed.

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Rootax,

I'm glad that you got your own GS108Tv2 switch and its working great.  🙂 

Now that it seems that your concerns has been answered.   I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” on this forum thread so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Rootax
Luminary

Done 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements