× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108v4 ~ possible to turn off the LEDs?

Gminds
Aspirant

GS108v4 ~ possible to turn off the LEDs?

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to know, if it is possible to turn off the LEDs of the switch (GS108v4)?

I'm planning to use the switch in my Home Cinema enviroment and it would be annoying to see the flashing lights of the switch during network usage such as Netflix.

I've read about the ProSafe Plus Switch Utility but it would not support my model to gain access to some sort of configuration page. Any help on this one?

Thanks,

G

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS108v4 ~ possible to turn off the LEDs?

Hi Gminds,

As far  as I know, all of the NETGEAR switches does not have the option to turn off the LED lights.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Gminds,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

I'm afraid to inform that there is no option to turn off the LED lights of the GS108v4.  The GS108v4 is just an unmanageable, pass-through switch wherein it purpose is to extend the local network if you need more ethernet ports to connect more networking devices.  

What I can suggest is that you may use a dark colored cloth to cover the switch LED lights while you watch videos via Netflix so that you will not be disturb by the flashing of LED lights from the GS108v4.   The LED lights are essential in knowing the status of the switch.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Gminds
Aspirant

Thank you DaneA for your quick response!

Could you suggest me a proper Netgear switch (8-port) which would be capable of turning of the LEDs? Is for example the GS108Ev3 able to turn the lights off?

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Gminds,

As far  as I know, all of the NETGEAR switches does not have the option to turn off the LED lights.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Gminds
Aspirant

Alright. Still big thanks for the help on this one. I'll claim this thread/ticket as resolved.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements