× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS110 TP V3 port restart over SNMP

GS110 TP V3 port restart over SNMP

Hello all,

is there a way to switch a network port of the GS110Tp off and on again via snmp or to restart it?
By way of background, one of the SFP modules occasionally hangs and we would like to restart the port without the web interface but via PLC.

GS110TPV3
Firmware Version  V7.0.7

Thanks in advance

Thilo

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

All Smart Managed Pro switches support at least the standard SNMP features, so look into SNMP IF-MIB aka. ifMIB (1.3.6.1.2.1.31), IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus is writable. In NET-SNMP:

Interface up:

snmpset -v2 -c community hostname IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus.interface i 1

Interface down:

snmpset -v2 -c community hostname IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus.interface i 2

The 'interface' is a digit that representing the interface. The value is available in the same MIB- do a walk on 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2 (when I have it right) to find the interface values and descriptions.

No idea if this does bring the SFP module down and up as you expect. 

Message 2 of 4

Hello Schumaku,

I'm sorry to get back to you so late, but I forgot to activate the email notification for replies. Thank you for your efforts.

In the meantime, we have also found a solution.

The OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.1.7.(X) (X)=number of the port switch the state of the port up(1) down(2) . The SFP module is also reset when it is switched off, at least that is how it appears 🙂

However, we noticed that the saved configuration is reloaded after a reboot. This means that if I deactivate the port via SNMP and restart the device, the port is activated again.

Message 3 of 4

Small correction the correct OID is 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.7.(X)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements