× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS110TP deactivate PoE over SNMP for specific Ports

harry7922
Guide

GS110TP deactivate PoE over SNMP for specific Ports

Hi everyone,

I bought a GS110TPv3 Switch because I read that I can disable PoE for single Ports via SNMP.

Now I downloaded official MIBs for that switch but didn't find right OIDs.

Can someone please support?

In other threads a special MIB was provided for download - but these downloads expired.

Thanks in advance!

BR,

Harry

Model: GS110TP|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit PoE smart switch
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

The POWER-ETHERNET-MIB is a standard MIB, starting from the OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.105.

The OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.4526 on the other hand is a Netgear private MIB - this is not the POWER-ETHERNET-MIB.

The problem we're facing is a very inconsistent set of OIDs implemented on switch series which should be very similar - why ever, the popular and powerful Netgear private MIB seem to be missing on this model.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@harry7922 wrote:

In other threads a special MIB was provided for download - but these downloads expired.

Link, context, ... please.

Message 2 of 7
harry7922
Guide

Sorry! Forgot to add a link. Maybe I misunderstood something.

Link:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-Click-Switches/MIBS-file-download-for-GS110TP/td-p/15513... 

Today I did a lot of research. But didn't find a solution.

Hope someone of you NETGEAR experts can help.

As I told, I bought a GS110TPv3 and this is supporting "POWER-ETHERNET-MIB".
I opened my MIB Browser and loaded the actual MIB (v5.4.2.16) from NETGEAR support site. When trying to get TableView of "pethPsePortTable" (OID:  .1.3.6.1.4.1.4526.11.16.1.1) of "powerEthernetMIB" no table is delivered from switch. SNMP connection works. other MIBs I can access and get results from switch.

Can anyone support?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Harry

Message 3 of 7
schumaku
Guru

The POWER-ETHERNET-MIB is a standard MIB, starting from the OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.105.

The OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.4526 on the other hand is a Netgear private MIB - this is not the POWER-ETHERNET-MIB.

The problem we're facing is a very inconsistent set of OIDs implemented on switch series which should be very similar - why ever, the popular and powerful Netgear private MIB seem to be missing on this model.

Message 4 of 7
harry7922
Guide

Thanks for your help!

The problem was the newbie-user an not the device!

BR

Harry

Message 5 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Harry,

For completeness, have you discovered the SNMP MIB for enabling/disabling PoE on the GS110TP, and has it worked as per your demand?

TIA,

-Kurt

Message 6 of 7
harry7922
Guide

Hi Kurt,

yes that's right in the powerEthernetMIB the OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.105.1.1 (pethPsePortTable) is the starting point.

With this you can choose the correct port and enable/disable "pethPsePortAdminEnable". Port 2 for example is OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.105.1.1.1.3.1.2

Thanks again!

BR

Harry

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements