× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS1xxE and their PoE equivalents. Getting them an IP using DHCP on a specific vlan.

Phoenixxl
Initiate

GS1xxE and their PoE equivalents. Getting them an IP using DHCP on a specific vlan.

Hello to anyone taking the time to read this.

I have close to a dozen netgear GS1xxE switches at my home and various family member's homes by now and swear by the things. Vlan tagging is a must for our various setups and these switches haven't disapointed yet.

However , when it comes to configuring them, the fact one is incapable of selecting the vlan on which the things do their DHCP negotiating forces me to use fixed IP's.

In essence this isn't all that bad. But knowing adding this to the firmware isn't something unreasonable to ask I would like to know how I would best go about asking this to Netgear. 

http://i.imgur.com/JZEvBx4.png

http://i.imgur.com/p9evrYY.png

Thank you for any reply.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS1xxE and their PoE equivalents. Getting them an IP using DHCP on a specific vlan.

Hi Phoenixxl,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

About your request, you may post your concern on the Idea Exchange board for Business here.  Be reminded that adding kudos to the ideas will help as the development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos and it might be considered to be added on the future functionality of the product.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS1xxE and their PoE equivalents. Getting them an IP using DHCP on a specific vlan.

Hi Phoenixxl,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

About your request, you may post your concern on the Idea Exchange board for Business here.  Be reminded that adding kudos to the ideas will help as the development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos and it might be considered to be added on the future functionality of the product.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Phoenixxl
Initiate

Thank you for the fast reply.

I'll have a look at it.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements