× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS308e Support Contact page says NO warranty anymore, with several years remaining :-D

PapaPeteH
Guide

GS308e Support Contact page says NO warranty anymore, with several years remaining :-D

I wanted to report a firmware bug to Netgear support. On the contact page (https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx) was this interestingly ironic pair of statements:

2304 netgear warranty support bug.png

I'm pretty sure 2027 is after today (April 2023). So if it is "covered under hardware warranty", what does it mean that it "no longer has warranty support"??

I hope that can be cleaned  up soon. It certainly brought a smile to my face, assuming that it IS a fun bug 🙂

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS308e Support Contact page says NO warranty anymore, with several years remaining :-D

No, the message says "Your product no longer has warranty support." Key is on the words hardware support, not warranty (or support). If your hardware is broken or defect, Netgear will fix or replace it.  Neither phone, chat, or email support is free beyond the limited after installation warranty time.

Look here:

Hardware Support vs. Support.PNG

Message 2 of 3
PapaPeteH
Guide

Re: GS308e Support Contact page says NO warranty anymore, with several years remaining :-D

That's pretty confusing. Why not just say "no longer has free technical support"?
In normal English, "warranty support" would indicate there is or is not a way for me to contact the support organization to address a warranty issue.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements