× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS324T - Random reboots

OrbiPhilip
Luminary

GS324T - Random reboots

I have recently started experiencing random reboots of my GS324T.  When I lose connectivity my Nagios box (directly connected to the GS324T) shows it losing connectivity first.  The GS324T logs (memory and remote syslog) give no indication why. Only that the system logs show that it restarted.

I upgraded from v1.0.0.16 to  v1.0.0.43 hoping that would resolve the problem. No joy.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS324T - Random reboots

Does the Nagios system receive and SNMP traps from the switch? needless to say, the Nagios SNMP trap receiver requires to be enabled and active.

Can you provide a list of the recent SNMP queries the Nagios system registered from querying the GS324T switch?

Message 2 of 5
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

SNMP is not enabled.  Nagios is polling the system via ping.  I have enabled syslog, and the GS sends trap logs to syslog.  It's too large to post here, and the forum won't allow text uploads, so here is a google doc link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ymi8DdKHMQtzNTs4ya8oc4RVxD4FDIG1/view?usp=sharing

Is there an alternate way to reach warranty support?  Their emails are no-reply, and when I try to update the ticket on MyNetgear it says "Cannot add case comment. You may not have permission or the case does not exist".  I tried to open a new case referencing the old and it says "Something went wrong".   It's tough to send the info they have requested when the communication paths are all one way.

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@OrbiPhilip wrote:

Is there an alternate way to reach warranty support?  Their emails are no-reply, and when I try to update the ticket on MyNetgear it says "Cannot add case comment. You may not have permission or the case does not exist".  I tried to open a new case referencing the old and it says "Something went wrong".   It's tough to send the info they have requested when the communication paths are all one way.

No idea on how you have tried to contact Netgear customer service or file a hardware warranty case initially, or how you tried to keep the case open.

https://my.netgear.com/home.aspx

-> select your device

-> [Request Hardware Support]

Describe your issue

attach a file (like logs, like the text file you shared to the community)

request hardware suppor - pixlt.PNG

Message 4 of 5
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

That is what I did. It must have been a temporary problem as it is now taking updates again.

I think my next step is a factory reset and reload from backup.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements