× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS510TLP (and other POE switches): Timer Schedules - WHERE do we specify POE action of ON/OFF?

ReedMikel1
Aspirant

GS510TLP (and other POE switches): Timer Schedules - WHERE do we specify POE action of ON/OFF?

I have been doing IT for over 30 years, but find Netgear's implementation of Timer Schedules (as relates to switching a port's POE power on/off) has me scratching my head.  The issue is that there does not seem to be a place where one specifies what ACTION (POE on or off) should occur for a specific Timer Schedule entry.  It clearly does not exist in the Timer Schedule Configuration screen - as that simply has fields for Time Start and Time End.  So, I would expect it to be somewhere on the POE Port Configuration screen (System->POE->Advanced->POE Port Configuration).  I put a check mark next to whichever port I want to configure/edit, which then loads that ports' fields into the editing mode/line at top.  To implement a Timer Schedule, I click on the Timer Schedule drop down field and pick one that I previously defined.  BUT, where do I tell it what action to take when the Start Time occurs?  Does the POE power for that port turn On or Off at the Start Time???

I looked at the help (clicked on ? link on Timer Schedule and POE Port Config pages, but this issue is never discussed.

Model: GS510TLP|8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports (75W)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS510TLP (and other POE switches): Timer Schedules - WHERE do we specify POE action of ON/OFF?

@ReedMikel1,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

The start date and time force the PoE port to stop delivering power and the stop date and time enable the PoE port to start delivering power. Please see the user manual on page 124.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS510TLP (and other POE switches): Timer Schedules - WHERE do we specify POE action of ON/OFF?

@ReedMikel1,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

The start date and time force the PoE port to stop delivering power and the stop date and time enable the PoE port to start delivering power. Please see the user manual on page 124.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
ReedMikel1
Aspirant

Thanks John!  I stumbled into that solution by sheer luck 🙂  Why isn't this documented in the help screen(s) - which is the first place anybody would look for help.  Very unintuitive IMO...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements