× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS716T - Uplink Question

nikouy
Aspirant

GS716T - Uplink Question

Hi,

Does anyone know if either fibre or copper ports can be used for uplinks? I know  this is possbile with the FS750T2NA.

By looking at some pictures, I understand that in some versions ports 15,16,17 and 18 can be used as uplinks (see picture below).

Nonetheless, I have found other pictures online where ports 15 and 16 are not grouped together with the fibre ports and therefore my doubt.

Capture.PNG

Also, what's the difference between v1, v2 and v3?

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas

Model: GS716Tv3|ProSAFE 16-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Hopchen
Prodigy

Re: GS716T - Uplink Question

Hi @nikouy

These ports are combo-ports. They are grouped together in pairs so that, port 15T and 15F are grouped and 16T and 16F are also grouped together.

You cannot use grouped ports, at the same time. This means that you cannot use 15T and 15F and the same time. Same with 16T and 16F. However, you can use either the 15T or 15F port alongside the 16T or 16F port.

There might be a difference between v1, v2 and v3. The two former are older models, now end-of-life.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Hopchen
Prodigy

Hi @nikouy

These ports are combo-ports. They are grouped together in pairs so that, port 15T and 15F are grouped and 16T and 16F are also grouped together.

You cannot use grouped ports, at the same time. This means that you cannot use 15T and 15F and the same time. Same with 16T and 16F. However, you can use either the 15T or 15F port alongside the 16T or 16F port.

There might be a difference between v1, v2 and v3. The two former are older models, now end-of-life.

Cheers

Message 2 of 4
nikouy
Aspirant

@Hopchen wrote:

Hi @nikouy

Cheers

Thank you for the quick reply.

I think that answers my question. So considering that this switch has auto auplink in all ports, I can either use either any of the last copper or any of the two fibre ports as uplinks but not any of the combo-ports together at the same time, is this correct?

Regards,

Nicolas

Message 3 of 4
Hopchen
Prodigy

Hi again,

Yes, you are correct. To summarize; these are the uplink ports you can use together.

15T and 16T

15T and 16F

15F and 16T

15F and 16F 

Cheers

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements