× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS724TP Firmware Version?

tygger
Aspirant

GS724TP Firmware Version?

Would like to update the firmware and I don't see the hardware version in the config. Would this be version 1? And which firmware version should I start with? Thanks

details.jpg

Model: GS724TP|ProSAFE 24-port Gigabit Smart Switches with PoE
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS724TP Firmware Version?

Hi @tygger,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I removed the image showing the serial number of your switch for security purposes. 

Based from the software (or firmware) version indicated on the image you have posted, what you have is a GS724TPv1 (v = version).  

The firmware v5.1.0.2 is an old firmware.  Since you want to upgrade the firmware, I suggest you to do it in a ladderized manner.  First, upgrade the firmware from v5.1.0.2 to v5.2.0.5.  Then, upgrade it from v5.2.0.5 to v5.2.0.9 and so on until you reach the latest firmware which is v5.2.0.11.  You may perform a factory reset on the GS724TPv1 after upgrading the firmware to the latest version in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  

You can download the GS724TPv1 firmwares on this link

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @tygger,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I removed the image showing the serial number of your switch for security purposes. 

Based from the software (or firmware) version indicated on the image you have posted, what you have is a GS724TPv1 (v = version).  

The firmware v5.1.0.2 is an old firmware.  Since you want to upgrade the firmware, I suggest you to do it in a ladderized manner.  First, upgrade the firmware from v5.1.0.2 to v5.2.0.5.  Then, upgrade it from v5.2.0.5 to v5.2.0.9 and so on until you reach the latest firmware which is v5.2.0.11.  You may perform a factory reset on the GS724TPv1 after upgrading the firmware to the latest version in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  

You can download the GS724TPv1 firmwares on this link

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
tygger
Aspirant

Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats