× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS724TPV2 tagged management VLAN not working

ashjeaton
Aspirant

GS724TPV2 tagged management VLAN not working

Hello Netgear Community,

We recently purchased another batch of GS724TPV2 which appear to be slightly newer than the last batch. They have a new login interface and can be Insight managed.

My issue is that I no longer seem able to use a tagged interface for the management VLAN. It does not reply to ping or connect via HTTPS unless I change it to untagged. Is this a intended change or am I doing something wrong?

The firmware version  is 2.0.6.3. Thanks.

Model: GS724TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS724TPV2 tagged management VLAN not working

Hi ashjeaton,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Management VLAN can only be accessed if you are on the same VLAN. Technically, it cannot be accessed from a trunk port and can only be accessed via the untagged port.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS724TPV2 tagged management VLAN not working

@ashjeaton wrote:

My issue is that I no longer seem able to use a tagged interface for the management VLAN. It does not reply to ping or connect via HTTPS unless I change it to untagged. Is this a intended change or am I doing something wrong?

This looks OK to me, especially considering the cutomer already has similar set-ups with an earlier hardware or model version.

Of course the switch management VLAN can be reached from the same switch (a tagged access port), over a VLAN trunk, .... @JohnC_V 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements