× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS724TPv2 - Firmware 2.0.6.3: SFP Module AGM731F

TDSBL
Aspirant

GS724TPv2 - Firmware 2.0.6.3: SFP Module AGM731F

All,

I've recently upgraded the firmware only on my switches from 1.1.25 > 2.0.6.3 and all went well. I have not upgraded any of the MIB versions at this stage.

Prior to the upgrade I had the AGM731F SFP module plugged into the switches as I'm using them to connect via fibre to another building next door.

Since the upgrade the SFP modules are not lighting up on my switch and from the GUI the device is showing Link Down.

Weirdly if I remove the cable I'm getting a signal from the switch in the other building but that too having had it's firmware upgraded has the same status.

I have tried rolling back to firmware 2.0.0.16 but still no joy / have cold rebooted and again no joy.  I have also removed uplinks from ports 23 & 24 as some have talked about sharer ports but still nothing.

Please could someone assist and advise on what I may be doing wrong here?

SFP Module.JPG

Model: GS724TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

No own experience on this model, however would you mind to try unplugging fiber and SFP, then replug on both ends?

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@YeZ an issue to be reviewed please

Message 3 of 6
TDSBL
Aspirant

@schumaku thank you for your response and this was already tried but to no avail. 

Any additional recommendations or comments would be advantageous. 

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

We need Netgear's switch engineering support here - not much left of what I can think of.

Message 5 of 6
DanioY
NETGEAR Expert

Hi There,

What's the fiber port setting in both switches?  It should be auto negotiation by default. 

If any side is not auto-negotiation enabled, please change it to  auto-negotiation enabled and try again.

The othe way is to reset both switches to factory default and try again.

Model: GS724TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements