× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS724Tv3 How do I define IP address for a particular port, as I don't want my client to change IP

poweredge
Aspirant

GS724Tv3 How do I define IP address for a particular port, as I don't want my client to change IP

Theory is to bind IP to a particular MAC address of the NIC, but how can I do this with GS724Tv3? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS724Tv3 How do I define IP address for a particular port, as I don't want my client to chang...

@poweredge

With the GS724Tv3, it is NOT possible to bind an IP Address to a particular MAC Address of the NIC.

What you want to accomplish is possible in a router.  Most routers have a feature called IP Address Reservation where you can reserve or assign an IP Address to a particular MAC Address.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS724Tv3 How do I define IP address for a particular port, as I don't want my client to chang...

@poweredge

With the GS724Tv3, it is NOT possible to bind an IP Address to a particular MAC Address of the NIC.

What you want to accomplish is possible in a router.  Most routers have a feature called IP Address Reservation where you can reserve or assign an IP Address to a particular MAC Address.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
poweredge
Aspirant

Noted and thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements