× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS724Tv3 Orange Power light only - won't boot after firmware update

sc101hell
Tutor

GS724Tv3 Orange Power light only - won't boot after firmware update

Hi all,

In theory this should have dual firmware to prevent this happening but 30+ seconds of holding rest (with everything unplugged) isn't kicking it into life so thought I'd see if anyone here had any suggestions please.

Although this was a brand new unused switch (a donation to our hackspace) netgear support have opted out as we didn't buy it - I guess understandable but seems a shame that it's become a paperweight.

Case 42680895 in case any netgear employees happen across this

Many thanks,

Andy

Model: GS724Tv3|24 ports ProSafe Gigabit Smart switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sc101hell,

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that this switch has dual firmware to prevent this happening?

I was therefore trying to ask the community if they know a way to switch to the other firmware/ any way to reset this please? Can you help with advice as seems a real shame that this is bricked when it could be useful?

The GS724Tv3 supports Dual Image.  One image is the active image, and the second image is the backup image.  As reference, kindly read pages 261-263 of the GS724Tv3 Software Administration Manual here.

Not sure if this will help.  Let me share the old forum thread here.  Read the solution posted by -c0de- and you can follow the steps he did at your own risk. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sc101hell,

Found out that your case # 42680895 was already set to close status.  Since your GS724Tv3 is a second hand device, a replacement cannot be processed.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
sc101hell
Tutor

Hi Dane, 

Thanks, I completely understand not supporting the device. Just to clarify it's new/ unused but given as a donation but yes, we're not the original purchasers, so no support. All good there (actually you'll see 2nd line looked like they were going to help before the slightly strange last answer closing the call but fair enough).

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that this switch has dual firmware to prevent this happening?

I was therefore trying to ask the community if they know a way to switch to the other firmware/ any way to reset this please? Can you help with advice as seems a real shame that this is bricked when it could be useful?

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sc101hell,

The GS724Tv3 supports Dual Image.  One image is the active image, and the second image is the backup image.  As reference, kindly read pages 261-263 of the GS724Tv3 Software Administration Manual here.

Not sure if this will help.  Let me share the old forum thread here.  Read the solution posted by -c0de- and you can follow the steps he did at your own risk. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements