× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS724Tv3 and GS724Tv4 possible on one network?

evb
Guide
Guide

GS724Tv3 and GS724Tv4 possible on one network?

I was searching for a second switch to extend my existing switch GS724Tv3.

On following site: https://support.biamp.com/Tesira/AVB/Identifying_Netgear_GS724T_switch_version, I found following information:

The Netgear GS724T AVB network switch exists in two different hardware revisions: v3 and v4. In some cases, it is important to know which version of the switch you're dealing with.  This article explains a few different ways to identify the version of your Netgear switch.

Note that v3 and v4 switches cannot coexist on the same network; all Netgear GS724T switches on a single network must be the same version.

What bothers me, is the note. Is this true, can a v3 switch not coexist with a v4 switch on the same network??

Model: GS724Tv3|24-port ProSAFE Gigabit Smart Switch, GS724Tv4|ProSAFE 24-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS724Tv3 and GS724Tv4 possible on one network?

Sure it is possible, like any other industry standard switches. Kind of an obsolete question - misguided by a 3rd part vendor with specific code included on one of these models.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

That must be something specific to the add-on software/firmware specific by the site your reference is coming from.

Message 2 of 5
evb
Guide
Guide

Okay.

So if used normally in a network, these two types of switches can coexist and work together?

I have one v3 and wanted to buy a second switch to extend the connections, but because the v3 is deprecated, I must go for a v4.

Wanted to be sure that the setup with a v3 and v4 will work.

Message 3 of 5
evb
Guide
Guide

Nobody can confirm this?

Can a v3 and v4 cooperate together in one network?

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Sure it is possible, like any other industry standard switches. Kind of an obsolete question - misguided by a 3rd part vendor with specific code included on one of these models.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements