× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS724Tv4 and SFP

fcos
Aspirant

GS724Tv4 and SFP

Dear Sirs,

I would like to buy two GS724Tv4 switches and connect each other by the SPF. Which SPF module is available for this switch models?

Another, related, question: are any SPF module available with RJ45 (so copper, not fiber) for GS724Tv4 switches? I want to connect a remote switch with a trunk but I have not fiber on that link.

Thanks

Model: GS724Tv4|ProSAFE 24-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: GS724Tv4 and SFP

Hi,

AGM734 copper module will also work with GS724Tv4 so that you can "convert" one or two dedicated SFP ports to 1000BASE-T RJ-45. Beware, no auto-neg will be supported, and no half-duplex allowed. Link will only be established if 1000Mbps with full-duplex operation.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @fcos,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

The compatible SFP modules for the GS724Tv4 switch are the AGM731F and the AGM732F.  Here below are their specifications as well as their differences:

About you other concern, if there are any SPF module available with RJ-45 which seems that you are looking for a converter type of module, I'm afraid that we do not have such module.  You might want to consider purchasing another GS724Tv4 switch for the remote area or if you just want to connect to the remote area via SFP ports, I suggest you the GS110TP switch which is a desktop smart switch and also compatible with either the AGM731F or AGM732F SFP modules.  

For more information about the GS110TPv2 switch, check the data sheet below:

GS110TPv2 Data Sheet

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

AGM734 copper module will also work with GS724Tv4 so that you can "convert" one or two dedicated SFP ports to 1000BASE-T RJ-45. Beware, no auto-neg will be supported, and no half-duplex allowed. Link will only be established if 1000Mbps with full-duplex operation.

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@fcos,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further questions.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
fcos
Aspirant

Thanks Laurent,

I was not sure about the compatibility between the switch and the SPF AGM734 copper module.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements