× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS728TP: PoE Fault

macjimbo
Aspirant

GS728TP: PoE Fault

So we had a storm and a power cut and now virtually all of my Netgear Smart switches fail to operate PoE on some or all ports. 

The ports all work fine for data, but most have no PoE.

Looking at the PoE port configuration, some switches show 'OtherFault' in the status column for all ports (including ports which are working), whilst one switch shows 'Disabled' for all ports in the status column (admin mode column shows 'Enable').

Is there anything I can do, apart from throw them all away?

Thank you

Model: GS728TP|ProSAFE 24-port PoE Smart Switch with 8 PoE+-port
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS728TP: PoE Fault

@macjimbo,

Thanks for your update! I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi macjimbo,

Welcome to the community!

It seems that you are now experiencing "OtherFault" status on your poe switch. Unfortunately, we still doesn't have any fix for this issue. You may open a case / chat online on NETGEAR support and please let them know the status of your switch. Also be ready with a soft copy of the Proof of Purchase or Invoice of the device for warranty verification. If ever the device is still under warranty, an online replacement will be provided.

Please also check our warranty policy here.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
macjimbo
Aspirant

Thank you John

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to start an online chat. All paths seem to lead to premium support options.

Please can you let me know how I do this?

Thank you

Model: GS728TP|ProSAFE 24-port PoE Smart Switch with 8 PoE+-port
Message 3 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@macjimbo,

Once you are already on the contact us page, please click on Replace my defective product then follow all the information needed.

Here is the link.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@macjimbo,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread if you were able to set a replacement on this device and everything works ok now.

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
macjimbo
Aspirant

Many thanks for the follow up

Onice I figured out how to get hold of a human at Netgear, he was more than helpful on the phone and arranged replacements for all of the failed/defective switches. 

Excellent customer service, marred only by the difficulty in finding a phone number on the website. 

Thanks again

Message 6 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@macjimbo,

Thanks for your update! I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements