× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS728TPv2

Budgie4
Tutor

GS728TPv2

I am setting up a LAG (Lag1) using two ports on each of a pair of these devices (eg ports 25 & 26).  This link requires Vlans and I have followed the advice given but seek clarification please.

The advice is to set up the LAG first and then configure for the Vlans.  So if, for example, I Tag LAG1 for vlan 250, should I then also tag the ports in the LAG (ie 25 & 26) or is this done by virtue of their inclusion in the LAG.

In other words do I set tags on LAG as well as on the ports included in the LAG?

Hope this is clear.

Many thanks,

Budge 

Model: GS728TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (190W)
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS728TPv2

Was under the impression that ports which are members of a LAG are excluded from the VLAN config - so in the year 2021 on these decent switches, I expect that only the LAG must be configured with the VLAN membership, not the individual ports.

Have over time seen odd behaviour, sometimes we had to configure both the individual ports and the LAG to the _same_ settings. Confusion is - on later changes - guaranteed.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements