× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS728TS Plug and Play

MDCME
Follower

GS728TS Plug and Play

Can the GS728TP  be installed as a plug and play switch with the ability to be programmed in the future when we grow and need the functionality of a smart switch. 

Model: GS728TP|ProSafe 24 ports PoE Smart switch with 8 PoE+ ports
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS728TS Plug and Play

Hi MDCME,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Yes, definitely. You can just plug and play this to your network and make sure that you do have a DHCP server running on your network in order for the switch to pick-up an IP. I also suggest you to upgrade the firmware of the switch to its latest version so that it will be ready once you need the functionality of a smart switch.

You may download the latest firmware here.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS728TS Plug and Play

Hi MDCME,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Yes, definitely. You can just plug and play this to your network and make sure that you do have a DHCP server running on your network in order for the switch to pick-up an IP. I also suggest you to upgrade the firmware of the switch to its latest version so that it will be ready once you need the functionality of a smart switch.

You may download the latest firmware here.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements